Monday, May 3, 2010

Hair Ramble

I am really in the mood to blog today but I don't really have anything to blog about. I'm going to NYC this weekend and I am so excited and distracted that I can hardly work. I keep thinking about what I'm going to pack, the roadtrip... etc.

So, I curled my hair with my GHD flat iron this morning. For anyone that knows me, it may seem ridiculous for my to have curled my hair because I have natural curls. But these curls are sleek, shiny, and smooth curls - much more relaxed than my normal curls. They are really more like heavy, big waves. That sentence may also seem like a contradiction because I used a flat iron. I swear though, I won't go back to a curling iron.
My GHD curled my hair into tight curls and I ran my fingers through them a couple of times to get the type of curl I wanted. The result is posted here. The picture isn't great because I was at work and the light right above my desk doesn't work. Here is another photo of my hair, right after I finished it (pretty bad quality as well). My fringe didn't stay as curled as I would have liked but it was my own fault because I kept messing with them to lay down better on the way to the office. Then I realized I should have left it alone. Oh, well! I still liked it a lot anyway!
I always knew that I could curl my hair with the GHD and I had tried it a couple of years ago when the iron just came out and I paid a ridiculous amount for it. But it didn't go well so I hadn't tried it again. But I came across a video posted by Elle Fowler, Allthatglitters21 on youtube. She curled her hair with it for a costume party and I realized I had done it all wrong. Check out her video here: How To Curl Your with a GHD -Pirate Look Part 1 Thanks, Elle!

2 comments:

GHD Flat iron said...

Hello, GHD Flat iron
This is the great post on GHD Products or GHD flat irons. This post is really informatics and this is very useful to the layman who is looking for the flat ironsor hair appliances. We offers you all the Ghd products like Ghd Flatiron, GHD Hair Straightener GHD MK4,GHD Purple ,GHD Straightening Iron, you can buy these all the products from us we offer online buying facility at very cheapest cost so come with us and enjoy with these products at affordable price.
GHD MK4

Mimi Collett said...

Haha, I did have a moment of, "uh, she curled her hair?" Hehe. I think your regular curly hair looks great, but yea it does definitely looks like a different type of curly in the pictures. You look awesome!

I'm excited about NYC!!