Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Random Beauty Things

Lately, I have felt like a headless chicken, which is actually pretty gross. I've been working 2 full time jobs (designer and Kyle's assistant) and doing a pretty poor job at my part time job (housekeeper of my tiny apartment). I'm not complaining but I've just been so worn out lately that in my free time I just sleep or watch YouTube videos, which is my current addiction.

On a up note, I made a much-needed trip to MAC cosmetics but was so turned off by the sales associate that I didn't buy anything. So, I went back the next day and the same girl was working so I didn't even go in. (Side note: MAC is at the Fashion Mall and I was there with Kyle who was buying a new MacBook at Apple. We went to buy the computer and the next day to pick it up after they transferred all the data from his old one for him. I didn't drive to Indy just to go to a makeup store.) So after the disappointing trip to MAC (the "up note" part is coming), I journeyed across the street to Ulta.... And discovered my new FAVORITE STORE! It's a make-up-obsessed-girl's-dream store. I'm going to give a quick blog haul so that I can refer back to it later and see how much I loved it when I bought it.

NYX Jumbo Eye pencil in Milk ($4) Great highlighter! Goes on dreamy-creamy and blends easily (but best with finger as opposed to a blending brush).
NYX slim lip pencil in Citrine ($3) Gorgeous pigment and color. I haven't used it all day so I will have to see how it holds up to my skin.
Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion ($18) I haven't used this yet but I already love it because of the genie style bottle :)
Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer Potion ($30) LOOOOVE! I had been looking for a good primer to help with my oily skin and this does it! My foundation stayed in place, didn't get melty or blochy. Definitely worth the money.
Japonesque Pro Eye Detailer Brush 213 ($18) So soft and silky on your skin. I used a really crappy eyeshadow with little pigmentation so I had to apply a lot to get the color I wanted but it worked well and fit my eye space pretty perfect.
Japonesque Pro Concealer Brush 310 ($14) Like the 213, it felt wonderful to the touch. It really helped me to control how much product I was using and blended nicely.





Because I know y'all wanted to see a pic :D

I also ordered a Coastal Scents 88 Color Palette that I should receive by tomorrow (I've been tracking it online) and I CAN'T WAIT! I'm excited to try out some new colorful looks for spring. Next on the list is new foundation and I think I'm going to go with my gut and try Clinique Superfit.

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

Well, I think you always look gorgeous, but you do look awesome in those pictures! I love the face you're making in the first one, you cutie. Yay for finding a favorite store! :)