Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ECLIPSE.

I finally was able to continue reading the Twilight series. I just finished the third book, Eclipse, and I must say... I found it incredibly unentertaining (if that is a word). I enjoyed learning about more of the characters but other than that, I was not real impressed. I have organized my thoughts into highlights and lowlights.

HIGHLIGHTS:
Learning about Rosalie's past. I mentioned before that I was very curious as to why Rosalie was so against Bella becoming a vampire. I think that her story was very interesting and I'm glad I finally got to hear her testimony, if you could call it that.
Learning about Jasper. I think that he, by far, has the most interesting human to vampire story. I loved the way he was transformed, I loved how he was so involved with other vampires and had to learn to become a “vegetarian” after years of being a human-eater.
Edward and Jacob spending quality time together. I love the complexity of these two characters. I have grown to dislike Bella because she just annoys me. Her indecisiveness, her dependence on Edward, yet her desire to be friends with his nemesis, her constant wanting to become a vampire… I’m just really over it. HOWEVER, I love Edward and Jacob and I strongly want them to become friends, which I realize is silly. They both have such strong feelings for Bella and it’s like strange love triangle. When I think of love triangles, my mind goes right to Dawson’s Creek and how in the end, Pacey and Dawson were able to be friends even after Joey choose Pacey. And I just want that for Edward and Jacob. 

LOWLIGHTS:
The tribal history of the werewolf pack. I was so put to sleep by this long, drawn out story. I was able to read one sentence on each of the 10 pages and I feel like I understand the story just fine.
Bella’s trips to La Push. I cannot get over how stupid she is! I mean, she has Alice who can see the future of everything, everywhere, except La Push, yet she decides to go there! How silly!
Bella’s decision to become a vampire. I cannot understand why she is so eager to become a vampire when she can continue living the way she is for awhile. Especially now that Victoria is not a problem. Which leads me to my next issue…
The fight scene. I CANNOT believe that Bella asked Edward to not fight. I mean, get tough and let someone else stay with you to insure that no one gets hurt. I suppose everything worked out well, but come on! It was so built up and then… a disappointment.
There are many more but I'm over it.

I know that I will read Breaking Dawn and will read the fifth book when it comes out but I don't have high hopes.

One thing that I have been doing, which is fun and girly, is creating make up looks inspired by characters. (Keep in mind, I haven't seen the movies so I don't know how the director/producers translate the book characters into movie characters.) Today for example, I'm wearing Alice Cullen inspired make up. I went really girly because I feel like that's the feeling I get from her. The books describe her as walking like she's dancing, graceful, voice like a bell, and she loves planning fun events for Bella. My eyes are done in pink and blue pastel, baby pink lipstick with glittery lip-gloss, and pinky pink blush. I would have added more glitter and sparkle if I were going anywhere more exciting than work but I was trying to keep it professional. I think my next look will be Rosalie because it will be so different from what I normally wear. The books say that she was human in 1915, so I’m excited to try to do a fun look from that time.

Until next time... x's and o's

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

Hey Courtney! I really enjoyed reading your review, and I think it's totally cool that you are creating makeup palates (possibly spelled that wrong) to go with different characters. When you say fifth book do you mean the one that will be Edward's perspective of the first book? Haha. I have had a few different people tell me that Bella annoys them. I think Bella reminds me too much of myself for her to annoy me. Haha. :)