Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Wake up in the mornin...

Do you ever have days when you wake up and realize that you may not be living your life the way you should? I had that wake up call this morning when the first thing I did was complain about the humidity and heat. Starting off the day complaining is probably not the right thing to do. Shouldn't I be thankful that I made it through the night okay? That no one I know was hurt during the thunderstorm last night. Kyle made it home from work just fine. My sister, who is having a baby on Thursday (!!!!), is perfectly healthy as is Baby Carter. My apartment was still standing and my toilet still working (MIRACLE). My car drove me to work quickly and safely. I have a job to go to! And this morning I am enjoying a delightful, free blueberry muffin with my Italian blend coffee.

I am going to start thinking more about things for which I am thankful. Every time I complain about something, I will counteract that with three things that are great about my life.

I saw this quote on Twitter today and it reaffirmed my same thoughts. "Today has the potential to be great. What will you make of it?" If I could just think about that every morning, and strive to make each day great in it's own way, it would be a live changing experience.

x's and o's
Courtney

Follow me on Twitter: thecourt_ney

No comments: