Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Reading Twilight

I promised myself I wouldn't read a book full of such nonsense. I promised that I wouldn't get caught up in the craze. And when my co-worker gave me the first two of the series, I nearly turned them down.
Instead, I let my curiosity overcome me. I read the first chapter on my lunch break and spent the rest of the day wondering how soon I would get to read more. And already wondering how soon into the story Bella and Edwards lives collide. And how wonderful the author made Edward sound.
Two hours of reading later, I'm halfway through. And each sentence I read sucks me in more. I'm now wondering how I can sneak it into the office tomorrow to read instead of work.
I'm also wondering about the characters and how I fell in love with the discription of each of them. Never in my life would I think to be attracted to someone with pale, translucent skin and dark circles under his eyes. But throw in that he's 100% off limit (due to the fact he's a vampire, duh), has eyes that change color and intensity to match his desires, a crooked smile, and saves your life repeatedly, and he sounds delicious. (Get it? Because he's a vampire? Haha) I'll be posting with my progress.

I will NOT, I repeat, NOT watch the movie though.

X's and o's

Sent from my iPhone
dream*believe*achieve

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

I think you should watch the movies. Why dislike something just because people like it? If you have other reasons, please blog about them, because I am curious. :) (Also, that's way cool that you blogged using your phone.) I love the books. They totally hooked me too. I just stayed up really late each time, skipping sleep, to read each one. I've even done that when I've gone back to read them again.